It’s taken a great while, but i have now finally put some lights inside the “V” part of the chevrons. It’s not yet painted and i have just used a black marker on the parts that should not let the light shine through. I did this on the top chevron only.
It was not easy finding a method that did not take to much space, so that it could actually fit it inside the Stargate. I ended up designing a tiny and rather simple PCB.
I want to power the Stargate from one single power cable and therefore made a power distribution PCB. It takes input power from either micro USB or a barrel jack. The The raspberry pi is connected to one of the USB -A connectors and the speaker to the other one. The black “box” on the PCB is a B0505S-1W module. It takes 5V dc input, converts it to AC and then back to DC before it outputs 5V DC again. This way I get a separate isolated circuit. I have to use this isolated circuit to power the speaker. If i don’t there are lots of nasty noise coming from the other components. This noise is very annoying, and very loud. Using that tiny black box removes the noise and I get clear audio from the speaker.
I have also rewired the “brains” of the Stargate. One of the added features of this rewiring is that it’s easier (possible) to detach the Stargate from the base. This makes it a lot easier to work with the Stargate and make changes when needed.
This picture shows the “brain” attached with all the necessary wiring.